See the data reflecting the yields to maturity on accrued principal for the 10-Year 1-1/8% Treasury Inflation-Indexed Note, Due 1/15/2021. Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS) have principals that increase with inflation and decrease with deflation since they are tied to the consumer price index (CPI). When the security matures, the U.S. Treasury pays either the original or adjusted principal, whichever is greater.
- Teaching the Economics of Redlining| Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2021
- Teaching the Economics of Innovation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2021
- FRED Adds Chicago Fed Advance Retail Trade Summary (CARTS) Indexes
- Teaching Productivity | Bring FRED into the Classroom | August 2021
- FRED Adds SONIA Interest Rate Benchmarks