See the data reflecting the yields to maturity on accrued principal for the 10-Year 1-1/8% Treasury Inflation-Indexed Note, Due 1/15/2021. Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS) have principals that increase with inflation and decrease with deflation since they are tied to the consumer price index (CPI). When the security matures, the U.S. Treasury pays either the original or adjusted principal, whichever is greater.
- FRED Continues To Improve Its Accessibility
- Teaching About Core Inflation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2023
- FRED Adds New Personal Consumption Expenditures (PCE) Price Index Data
- Teaching About Government Budget Deficits | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2023
- A U.S. Government Shutdown Could Delay Some FRED Data