See the data reflecting the yields to maturity on accrued principal for the 30-Year 2-1/8% Treasury Inflation-Indexed Note, Due 2/15/2041. Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS) have principals that increase with inflation and decrease with deflation since they are tied to the consumer price index (CPI). When the security matures, the U.S. Treasury pays either the original or adjusted principal, whichever is greater.
- Teaching About Government Budget Deficits | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2023
- A U.S. Government Shutdown Could Delay Some FRED Data
- Teaching About Home Prices | Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2023
- Teaching About Uncertainty and Volatility | Bring FRED into the Classroom | August 2023
- FRED Adds Macroeconomic Uncertainty Index Data