See the data reflecting the yields to maturity on accrued principal for the 30-Year 2-1/8% Treasury Inflation-Indexed Note, Due 2/15/2041. Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS) have principals that increase with inflation and decrease with deflation since they are tied to the consumer price index (CPI). When the security matures, the U.S. Treasury pays either the original or adjusted principal, whichever is greater.
- Teaching About Diversity in Data | Bring FRED into the Classroom | February 2023
- Teaching About Adjusting for Inflation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | January 2023
- FRED Expands Senior Loan Officer Opinion Survey
- Changes to Freddie Mac Dataset in FRED
- Teaching About Income and Wealth Inequality | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2022