The director general of the Bank of Greece and his coauthors trace the role of money and the influence of Milton Friedman in ECB policymaking. Other articles corroborate Bernanke’s “savings glut” hypothesis, explain the basics of sovereign debt and Europe’s current woes, and critique Fed lending during the financial crisis.
- FRED Adds “Redlining” Data from Aaronson, Hartley, and Mazumder
- FRED Adds Industry Productivity Dataset from Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FREDcast Will Be Retired in August 2021
- FRED Adds U.S. Mortgage High Yield Indexes from Andrew Davidson and Co.
- Chicago Fed’s Midwest Economy Index To Be Discontinued in June 2021