This recession probabilities series from University of California, Riverside economist Marcelle Chauvet and University of Oregon economist Jeremy Piger is a monthly measure of the probability of recession in the United States obtained from a dynamic-factor Markov-switching model applied to 4 monthly coincident variables: non-farm payroll employment, the index of industrial production, real personal income excluding transfer payments, and real manufacturing and trade sales.
- Teaching the Economics of Redlining| Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2021
- Teaching the Economics of Innovation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2021
- FRED Adds Chicago Fed Advance Retail Trade Summary (CARTS) Indexes
- Teaching Productivity | Bring FRED into the Classroom | August 2021
- FRED Adds SONIA Interest Rate Benchmarks