This recession probabilities series from University of California, Riverside economist Marcelle Chauvet and University of Oregon economist Jeremy Piger is a monthly measure of the probability of recession in the United States obtained from a dynamic-factor Markov-switching model applied to 4 monthly coincident variables: non-farm payroll employment, the index of industrial production, real personal income excluding transfer payments, and real manufacturing and trade sales.
- Teaching the Economics of Education| Bring FRED into the Classroom | January 2021
- FRED Adds Weekly Report on Pandemic Claims
- FRED Adds Monthly State Retail Sales from Census Bureau
- Teaching the Economics of Travel | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2020
- FRED Adds Job Posting Trends Data from Indeed