These 12 series of weekly bond prices from 1855-1865 are from historic copies of The Bankers’ Magazine, Statistical Register, and The New York Times. The series were compiled by economists Gerald P. Dwyer Jr., R.W. Hafer, and Warren E. Weber. The date range covers an era of significant political and economic turmoil for the United States before and immediately after a period of disunion. For a more thorough explanation of the collection and its historical context, see the original article in Historical Methods Volume 32, Number 1: “Weekly U.S. and State Bond Prices, 1855-1865.”
- FRED Adds “Redlining” Data from Aaronson, Hartley, and Mazumder
- FRED Adds Industry Productivity Dataset from Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FREDcast Will Be Retired in August 2021
- FRED Adds U.S. Mortgage High Yield Indexes from Andrew Davidson and Co.
- Chicago Fed’s Midwest Economy Index To Be Discontinued in June 2021