This monthly index from the University of Louisville Logistics and Distribution Institute is designed to predict the US logistics and distribution activity for the upcoming month. Ranging from 1 to 100, values higher than 50 indicate healthy activity. Professors Sunderesh Heragu and Gail DePuy along with doctoral candidate Erin Gerber designed the index to capture factors such as cargo tonnage shipped by air, railroad, boat and vehicle as well as other economic factors.
- FRED Adds “Redlining” Data from Aaronson, Hartley, and Mazumder
- FRED Adds Industry Productivity Dataset from Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FREDcast Will Be Retired in August 2021
- FRED Adds U.S. Mortgage High Yield Indexes from Andrew Davidson and Co.
- Chicago Fed’s Midwest Economy Index To Be Discontinued in June 2021