These 58,000 series from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) include important economic indicators such as GDP, interest rates, and inflation measures for 40 countries and 11 geopolitical divisions. In addition to having indicators for the OECD member countries, the dataset includes indicators for large emerging markets such as China, India, and Brazil. The MEI also includes series such as business tendency surveys, employment data, and banking data.
- Teaching About Adjusting for Inflation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | January 2023
- FRED Expands Senior Loan Officer Opinion Survey
- Changes to Freddie Mac Dataset in FRED
- Teaching About Income and Wealth Inequality | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2022
- Teaching the Economics of Sports | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2022