These 20 monthly series represent Producer Price Indexes (PPI) for final demand in goods, services, and construction that are sold for personal consumption, capital investment, government purchases, and export. The Bureau of Labor Statistics has transitioned from the Stage of Processing to the Final Demand-Intermediate Demand aggregation system. As a result, the new headline figure is now the PPI for final demand rather than the PPI for finished goods.
- Teaching About Government Budget Deficits | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2023
- A U.S. Government Shutdown Could Delay Some FRED Data
- Teaching About Home Prices | Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2023
- Teaching About Uncertainty and Volatility | Bring FRED into the Classroom | August 2023
- FRED Adds Macroeconomic Uncertainty Index Data