Maria Canon and Yang Liu discuss the Emergency Unemployment Compensation program, which emerged from the Unemployment Extension Act, passed on November 21, 2008. They consider that extended benefits may reduce unemployed workers’ job search efforts, decreasing their likelihood of becoming reemployed.
- FRED Continues To Improve Its Accessibility
- Teaching About Core Inflation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2023
- FRED Adds New Personal Consumption Expenditures (PCE) Price Index Data
- Teaching About Government Budget Deficits | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2023
- A U.S. Government Shutdown Could Delay Some FRED Data