Maria Canon and Yang Liu discuss the Emergency Unemployment Compensation program, which emerged from the Unemployment Extension Act, passed on November 21, 2008. They consider that extended benefits may reduce unemployed workers’ job search efforts, decreasing their likelihood of becoming reemployed.
- FRED Adds “Redlining” Data from Aaronson, Hartley, and Mazumder
- FRED Adds Industry Productivity Dataset from Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FREDcast Will Be Retired in August 2021
- FRED Adds U.S. Mortgage High Yield Indexes from Andrew Davidson and Co.
- Chicago Fed’s Midwest Economy Index To Be Discontinued in June 2021