Maria Canon and Yang Liu discuss the Emergency Unemployment Compensation program, which emerged from the Unemployment Extension Act, passed on November 21, 2008. They consider that extended benefits may reduce unemployed workers’ job search efforts, decreasing their likelihood of becoming reemployed.
- Teaching About Adjusting for Inflation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | January 2023
- FRED Expands Senior Loan Officer Opinion Survey
- Changes to Freddie Mac Dataset in FRED
- Teaching About Income and Wealth Inequality | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2022
- Teaching the Economics of Sports | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2022