ES No. 18: Market patterns show that investor expectations do affect portfolio choices. But return-chasing behavior can be costly: up to 5% lower returns than with the traditional buy-and-hold strategy. ES No. 19: Italian and Spanish govt. bond yields are nearly equal to those in the U.S. Does this mean their risk levels are nearly equal? The answer is given in terms of inflation expectations, which are lower for the euro than for the dollar.
- Teaching the Economics of Redlining| Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2021
- Teaching the Economics of Innovation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2021
- FRED Adds Chicago Fed Advance Retail Trade Summary (CARTS) Indexes
- Teaching Productivity | Bring FRED into the Classroom | August 2021
- FRED Adds SONIA Interest Rate Benchmarks