ES No. 18: Market patterns show that investor expectations do affect portfolio choices. But return-chasing behavior can be costly: up to 5% lower returns than with the traditional buy-and-hold strategy. ES No. 19: Italian and Spanish govt. bond yields are nearly equal to those in the U.S. Does this mean their risk levels are nearly equal? The answer is given in terms of inflation expectations, which are lower for the euro than for the dollar.
- Teaching the Economics of Education| Bring FRED into the Classroom | January 2021
- FRED Adds Weekly Report on Pandemic Claims
- FRED Adds Monthly State Retail Sales from Census Bureau
- Teaching the Economics of Travel | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2020
- FRED Adds Job Posting Trends Data from Indeed