This Economic Synopses essay puzzles over the effects of oil prices: large monthly or quarterly oil price changes predict very small changes in the CPI, but daily oil prices predict large changes in breakeven inflation.
- FRED Adds “Redlining” Data from Aaronson, Hartley, and Mazumder
- FRED Adds Industry Productivity Dataset from Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FREDcast Will Be Retired in August 2021
- FRED Adds U.S. Mortgage High Yield Indexes from Andrew Davidson and Co.
- Chicago Fed’s Midwest Economy Index To Be Discontinued in June 2021