This Economic Synopses essay puzzles over the effects of oil prices: large monthly or quarterly oil price changes predict very small changes in the CPI, but daily oil prices predict large changes in breakeven inflation.
- FRED Continues To Improve Its Accessibility
- Teaching About Core Inflation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2023
- FRED Adds New Personal Consumption Expenditures (PCE) Price Index Data
- Teaching About Government Budget Deficits | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2023
- A U.S. Government Shutdown Could Delay Some FRED Data