On April 18, 1991, FRED began service as an electronic bulletin board. Ever since, FRED has expanded and enhanced the free data it provides. (Read more about FRED’s history here.) We’re celebrating this milestone with a small change to the FRED logo.
- FRED Adds “Redlining” Data from Aaronson, Hartley, and Mazumder
- FRED Adds Industry Productivity Dataset from Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FREDcast Will Be Retired in August 2021
- FRED Adds U.S. Mortgage High Yield Indexes from Andrew Davidson and Co.
- Chicago Fed’s Midwest Economy Index To Be Discontinued in June 2021