The effective federal funds rate (EFFR) is calculated as a volume-weighted median of overnight federal funds transactions of selected money market rates. EFFR is the rate associated with transactions at the 50th percentile of transaction volume. Transaction volume in the federal fund market and selected other percentiles are also available. Intraday highs and lows and the standard deviation series are provided as discontinued due to the changes to the calculation of the EFFR implemented at the beginning of March.
- FRED Adds “Redlining” Data from Aaronson, Hartley, and Mazumder
- FRED Adds Industry Productivity Dataset from Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FREDcast Will Be Retired in August 2021
- FRED Adds U.S. Mortgage High Yield Indexes from Andrew Davidson and Co.
- Chicago Fed’s Midwest Economy Index To Be Discontinued in June 2021