FRED has added 324 quarterly aggregates of gross domestic product (GDP) from the Eurostat database. These data cover real and nominal GDP for the euro area, European Union, and European countries. Data for the euro area countries are presented with two versions of the euro currency series: One constructs the pre-1999 values using the irrevocably fixed exchange rate. The other (Euro/ECU series) uses the synthetic exchange rate of the European Currency Unit (ECU) to national currency to adjust for market exchange rate movements.
- FRED Continues To Improve Its Accessibility
- Teaching About Core Inflation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2023
- FRED Adds New Personal Consumption Expenditures (PCE) Price Index Data
- Teaching About Government Budget Deficits | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2023
- A U.S. Government Shutdown Could Delay Some FRED Data