FRED has just added more data published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. Real Trade-Weighted Value of the Dollar by U.S. State (50 monthly series): These indexes calculate the inflation-adjusted value of the U.S. dollar against the currencies of countries to which U.S. states export. The real exchange rates are aggregated across countries for each state using the annual average export share to the country. Market Value of U.S. Government Debt (3 series): For many uses, market value more accurately represents the debt burden faced by the U.S. government than the par value. The par value of government debt, reported by the U.S. Treasury, reflects interest rates at the time the debt was issued; the market value of government debt (Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas researchers) is adjusted to reflect market interest rates as of the observed period.
- Consolidation of the Board of Governors H.3 and H.6 Statistical Releases
- Teaching Environmental Economics | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2020
- Changes to Atlanta Fed’s Survey of Business Uncertainty
- Teaching the Economics of Wealth| Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2020
- FRED Will Discontinue Weekly and Monthly Treasury Inflation-Indexed Securities