FRED offers two new datasets on banks supervised by the Federal Reserve Districts: total assets and number of banks. These data differ from the typical, historical data by classifying banks according to the District that has supervisory responsibility for it, rather than using the location of the bank’s headquarters. The latest edition of The Regional Economist compares the two methods and explains the differences shown in the above graph.
- FRED Continues To Improve Its Accessibility
- Teaching About Core Inflation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2023
- FRED Adds New Personal Consumption Expenditures (PCE) Price Index Data
- Teaching About Government Budget Deficits | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2023
- A U.S. Government Shutdown Could Delay Some FRED Data