FRED offers two new datasets on banks supervised by the Federal Reserve Districts: total assets and number of banks. These data differ from the typical, historical data by classifying banks according to the District that has supervisory responsibility for it, rather than using the location of the bank’s headquarters. The latest edition of The Regional Economist compares the two methods and explains the differences shown in the above graph.
- Consolidation of the Board of Governors H.3 and H.6 Statistical Releases
- Teaching Environmental Economics | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2020
- Changes to Atlanta Fed’s Survey of Business Uncertainty
- Teaching the Economics of Wealth| Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2020
- FRED Will Discontinue Weekly and Monthly Treasury Inflation-Indexed Securities