FRED offers two new datasets on banks supervised by the Federal Reserve Districts: total assets and number of banks. These data differ from the typical, historical data by classifying banks according to the District that has supervisory responsibility for it, rather than using the location of the bank’s headquarters. The latest edition of The Regional Economist compares the two methods and explains the differences shown in the above graph.
- Teaching the Economics of Redlining| Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2021
- Teaching the Economics of Innovation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2021
- FRED Adds Chicago Fed Advance Retail Trade Summary (CARTS) Indexes
- Teaching Productivity | Bring FRED into the Classroom | August 2021
- FRED Adds SONIA Interest Rate Benchmarks