FRED offers two new datasets on banks supervised by the Federal Reserve Districts: total assets and number of banks. These data differ from the typical, historical data by classifying banks according to the District that has supervisory responsibility for it, rather than using the location of the bank’s headquarters. The latest edition of The Regional Economist compares the two methods and explains the differences shown in the above graph.
- Teaching the Economics of Education| Bring FRED into the Classroom | January 2021
- FRED Adds Weekly Report on Pandemic Claims
- FRED Adds Monthly State Retail Sales from Census Bureau
- Teaching the Economics of Travel | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2020
- FRED Adds Job Posting Trends Data from Indeed