Users now have access to some of FRED’s most popular data while they’re still hot. FRED now sources the Treasury bond and bill data used to calculate interest rate spreads directly from the U.S. Treasury Department rather than from the Board of Governors’ H.15 release. The release update schedule was changed to 5 PM Central Time. This improvement will provide some interest rate spreads with no lag. For example, values will be available for the 10-year minus 2-year and the 10-year minus 3-month spreads on the same day those Treasury bond and bill data are released.
- FRED Adds “Redlining” Data from Aaronson, Hartley, and Mazumder
- FRED Adds Industry Productivity Dataset from Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FREDcast Will Be Retired in August 2021
- FRED Adds U.S. Mortgage High Yield Indexes from Andrew Davidson and Co.
- Chicago Fed’s Midwest Economy Index To Be Discontinued in June 2021