Users now have access to some of FRED’s most popular data while they’re still hot. FRED now sources the Treasury bond and bill data used to calculate interest rate spreads directly from the U.S. Treasury Department rather than from the Board of Governors’ H.15 release. The release update schedule was changed to 5 PM Central Time. This improvement will provide some interest rate spreads with no lag. For example, values will be available for the 10-year minus 2-year and the 10-year minus 3-month spreads on the same day those Treasury bond and bill data are released.
- Teaching the Economics of Redlining| Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2021
- Teaching the Economics of Innovation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2021
- FRED Adds Chicago Fed Advance Retail Trade Summary (CARTS) Indexes
- Teaching Productivity | Bring FRED into the Classroom | August 2021
- FRED Adds SONIA Interest Rate Benchmarks