Users now have access to some of FRED’s most popular data while they’re still hot. FRED now sources the Treasury bond and bill data used to calculate interest rate spreads directly from the U.S. Treasury Department rather than from the Board of Governors’ H.15 release. The release update schedule was changed to 5 PM Central Time. This improvement will provide some interest rate spreads with no lag. For example, values will be available for the 10-year minus 2-year and the 10-year minus 3-month spreads on the same day those Treasury bond and bill data are released.
- Consolidation of the Board of Governors H.3 and H.6 Statistical Releases
- Teaching Environmental Economics | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2020
- Changes to Atlanta Fed’s Survey of Business Uncertainty
- Teaching the Economics of Wealth| Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2020
- FRED Will Discontinue Weekly and Monthly Treasury Inflation-Indexed Securities