FRED has added 1,479 monthly series on the average prices of household fuel, motor fuel, and food items.The data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and accompany the release of the CPI. However, unlike the CPI, average prices are estimates of the prices paid for specific goods in a given month, while the CPI tracks price changes. The data are also available in release tables.
- Teaching the Economics of Education| Bring FRED into the Classroom | January 2021
- FRED Adds Weekly Report on Pandemic Claims
- FRED Adds Monthly State Retail Sales from Census Bureau
- Teaching the Economics of Travel | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2020
- FRED Adds Job Posting Trends Data from Indeed