FRED has added 1,479 monthly series on the average prices of household fuel, motor fuel, and food items.The data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and accompany the release of the CPI. However, unlike the CPI, average prices are estimates of the prices paid for specific goods in a given month, while the CPI tracks price changes. The data are also available in release tables.
- FRED Continues To Improve Its Accessibility
- Teaching About Core Inflation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2023
- FRED Adds New Personal Consumption Expenditures (PCE) Price Index Data
- Teaching About Government Budget Deficits | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2023
- A U.S. Government Shutdown Could Delay Some FRED Data