FRED has added 1,479 monthly series on the average prices of household fuel, motor fuel, and food items.The data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and accompany the release of the CPI. However, unlike the CPI, average prices are estimates of the prices paid for specific goods in a given month, while the CPI tracks price changes. The data are also available in release tables.
- Teaching the Economics of Redlining| Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2021
- Teaching the Economics of Innovation | Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2021
- FRED Adds Chicago Fed Advance Retail Trade Summary (CARTS) Indexes
- Teaching Productivity | Bring FRED into the Classroom | August 2021
- FRED Adds SONIA Interest Rate Benchmarks