FRED has added 1,479 monthly series on the average prices of household fuel, motor fuel, and food items.The data come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and accompany the release of the CPI. However, unlike the CPI, average prices are estimates of the prices paid for specific goods in a given month, while the CPI tracks price changes. The data are also available in release tables.
- Consolidation of the Board of Governors H.3 and H.6 Statistical Releases
- Teaching Environmental Economics | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2020
- Changes to Atlanta Fed’s Survey of Business Uncertainty
- Teaching the Economics of Wealth| Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2020
- FRED Will Discontinue Weekly and Monthly Treasury Inflation-Indexed Securities