FRED has added over 18,500 series from the Local Area Unemployment Statistics release of the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS): monthly and annual-average estimates of civilian labor force, employed people, unemployed people, and unemployment rates for all census regions and divisions, states, and counties as well as metropolitan areas. The data are based on the Current Population Survey (CPS), which is the household survey used to calculate the national unemployment rate.
- Teaching About Government Budget Deficits | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2023
- A U.S. Government Shutdown Could Delay Some FRED Data
- Teaching About Home Prices | Bring FRED into the Classroom | September 2023
- Teaching About Uncertainty and Volatility | Bring FRED into the Classroom | August 2023
- FRED Adds Macroeconomic Uncertainty Index Data