FRED has added over 18,500 series from the Local Area Unemployment Statistics release of the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS): monthly and annual-average estimates of civilian labor force, employed people, unemployed people, and unemployment rates for all census regions and divisions, states, and counties as well as metropolitan areas. The data are based on the Current Population Survey (CPS), which is the household survey used to calculate the national unemployment rate.
- FRED Adds “Redlining” Data from Aaronson, Hartley, and Mazumder
- FRED Adds Industry Productivity Dataset from Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FREDcast Will Be Retired in August 2021
- FRED Adds U.S. Mortgage High Yield Indexes from Andrew Davidson and Co.
- Chicago Fed’s Midwest Economy Index To Be Discontinued in June 2021