FRED has added 286 new indicators of uncertainty, expanding the World Uncertainty Index portion of the Economic Policy Uncertainty release with indexes for individual countries. These indexes—developed by Hites Ahir (International Monetary Fund), Nicholas Bloom (Stanford University), and Davide Furceri (International Monetary Fund)—determine uncertainty using the frequency of the word “uncertainty” (and its variants) in the quarterly Economist Intelligence Unit country reports. The release tables have been updated to group the regional and individual country indexes.
- Teaching the Economics of Education| Bring FRED into the Classroom | January 2021
- FRED Adds Weekly Report on Pandemic Claims
- FRED Adds Monthly State Retail Sales from Census Bureau
- Teaching the Economics of Travel | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2020
- FRED Adds Job Posting Trends Data from Indeed