FRED has added 75 new series of credit card and mortgage data provided by the largest financial institutions in the United States. They are part of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia’s FR Y-14M Large Bank Credit Card and Mortgage Data release. These time series provide users with aggregate large bank data on credit card and first-lien mortgages, including portfolio composition, credit performance, origination activities, credit card payment behavior, and credit card line utilization. The data are released on a quarterly frequency.
- Changes to Freddie Mac Dataset in FRED
- Teaching About Income and Wealth Inequality | Bring FRED into the Classroom | November 2022
- Teaching the Economics of Sports | Bring FRED into the Classroom | October 2022
- FRED Adds Large Bank Consumer Credit Card and Mortgage Data
- FRED Adds New ADP National Employment Report Data